Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » NEW WEBSITE/FORUM!
    msg to tactical wannabies - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm by knethdaniels

» ???dead???
    msg to tactical wannabies - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:25 pm by Barnaby

» SV IS BACK!!!1
    msg to tactical wannabies - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:51 pm by Pvt Parts

» Spikkel Banned
    msg to tactical wannabies - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 pm by Prolox

» Slim banned :o
    msg to tactical wannabies - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:34 pm by MS. Green Label

TS2 server
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 30 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:44 am

msg to tactical wannabies

+8
    Sgt. Pepper
    Barnaby
    NP. Green Label
    su bundu
    KM. Green Label
    LightBringer
    Pvt Parts
    1nsider
    12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

msg to tactical wannabies - Page 2 Empty Re: msg to tactical wannabies

Post  Flawlezz Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey guys,

I've been playing on your server since manday last week. At first I didn't know about tactical rules ont he server and I rushed everywhere and tried to shoot everything I saw. That was kinda my style till that day. I think it was XW that told me about the tactical gaming style. And so I tried. It took some getting used to, but during last week I think I did pretty good. Although I catch myself doing stupid thing sometimes, like dropping Airstrikes on my own team. (I'm still very sorry about that, haha). I also plugged in my headset again, so I could comm back at you guys. I like playing on your server, especially playing with you guys. It al goed so smooth and everybody is well informed. Sometimes when I play in the other team I really haven't got a clue what's going on.

I think I do quite alright, but still I wonder what you think of me as a tactical player.

Greetz,

Flawlezzmaxx (Although I often hear people calling me Flaw. Which is fine. Haha)
    Flawlezz
    Flawlezz

Back to top Go down

Post  LightBringer Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 am

Thanks man,
    always nice to hear we converted one to our tactical play Twisted Evil
    "One more who sees the game differently now" Smile

And yes, we saw you adjusting to the gamestyle pretty well.
    Don't think we don't notice. On a small populated server like ours, we pay attention to our players and see how they progress.

Also got to do with kick/ ban time (but shouldn't concern you)

We kick about 15-20 people each day, and it's quite a work to maintain high quality for tactical gamers on our servers. But posts like yours make it worthwhile.

For us it's becoming second nature to play like we do, after months of playing together we are (like DL said in earlier thread) passed the point we really need to communicate, we are adjusted to each other, everybody knows he's place. We lock up the place so we guide enemies to where WE want them (while letting them think they are actually in control and make their own choices Suspect )
    LightBringer
    LightBringer
    Forum General
    Forum General

Back to top Go down

Post  1nsider Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 am

RT. Green Label wrote:And yes, we saw you adjusting to the gamestyle pretty well.
    Don't think we don't notice.

Yes, change happened.
    1nsider
    1nsider
    Forum General
    Forum General

Back to top Go down

Post  DT. Green Label Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:32 am

Wow man, you made me look deeper into myself and the way I play sometimes. Thanks for that. Don't forget, while our ratios are up, someone will end up the opposite. Of course that is usually PF on our team jocolor
    SO, if we are all playing tactically the DL way (which is the right way) it will definitely be a slower game (as it should) and very deadly for one side.
    DT. Green Label
    DT. Green Label
    Forum Colonel
    Forum Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  Syotos Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 am

Flawlezz wrote:Sometimes when I play in the other team I really haven't got a clue what's going on.

That's the big point we're still trying to fix. But some people on the server just don't get it. I'm glad you do.

Keep playin' on the server, it's fun playing with you cheers
    Syotos
    Syotos
    Forum Colonel
    Forum Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  1nsider Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:33 pm

DT. Green Label wrote:Wow man, you made me look deeper into myself and the way I play sometimes.
    In fact, I was referring only to some of our server guests.
    Certain guys just think that having said "i'm going in" is enough to justify unnecessary rush or spawn harrasment. So, this is me, trying to find a polite way to say to them that comms are not the primary issue, but their in-game intentions are.

You all know me - it's not that I'm into full defense or static approach. It's just that sometimes there's a balance in a server with enough of this & that, and sometimes there's too much time wasted adapting to one ego-oriented player. Players will (and actually should) divide in different categories, based on their nature, some are more active, others have more patience - it's good for the team, and play in general, to have different kinds of players involved.

offtop:
    As for the game as it should be - well, don't get me wrong, I'm not into 110% secure apporach.
    In my understanding, the game itself should 'flow'.
    No rigid tactics necessary, their are not for everchanging battles of CoD4. But to achieve the right 'flow' for the team there should be a player's intention to reach one. I think that unstoppable attacks (i.e. - rushing) are no good & I think that full-time whole round corner defense is no good either.
    RT has made a good point in the other topic - "Secure the ground, build a perimeter, lock on the enemy, destroy. Repeat. Adapt if necessary - retreat or full advance". Let the enemy spawn safely I would only add, never take the point that is in the clear vicinity of enemy spawn.
    1nsider
    1nsider
    Forum General
    Forum General

Back to top Go down

Post  DT. Green Label Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Understood.
    DT. Green Label
    DT. Green Label
    Forum Colonel
    Forum Colonel